Lauritzen Gardens - Wow!
This weekend we decided we needed to get away, so we went to Omaha to go to the Zoo, and a couple of Railroad Museums. After the first Museum, we decided that was too boring, so Tom took me to the Botanical Center in Omaha. Let me tell you, it was just breathtaking. They have a hundred acres of gardens, waterfalls and walking paths. You could literally spend a week out there and not see it all. Here are a few pictures from the gardens.
This is one of MANY Hosta Gardens. They are nationally recognized gardens from the National Hosta Growers Association.
One of 3 or 4 waterfalls we saw. Makes me want a backyard one pretty bad.
The very friendly Koi. I'd imagine he thought I was going to feed him. He was wrong.
Here is a Hibiscus tree to end all Hibiscus trees. They were magnificent!!
This is the lily pond when you first walk in, there are Koi, dragon flys & of course tons of lilys.
This is the "Founders Garden" It was the first garden planted in the botanical center.
Some amazing Roses that were in a huge rose garden.
This is "Rose Moss", and I LOVE IT. I'm trying to decide where I can put some!!
This is "Butterfly Weed", it is very dainty, and VERY pretty. There will be a bunch of this next year in the back yard (where the stinking peonies currently are). I'm way over the peonies. HAHA.
Anyway, we had a great day, and sorry Mom... I couldn't get any cuttings. Seems that they frown on that... wierd huh? Love to all.. The Weidners.
Anyway, we had a great day, and sorry Mom... I couldn't get any cuttings. Seems that they frown on that... wierd huh? Love to all.. The Weidners.

1 Comments:
Absolutely spectacular!! Beautiful photography...no cuttings?? Drats!!
Love MOM
By
Anonymous, At
8:20 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home