The Weidner's

Saturday, April 21, 2007

This will make Mom proud!

This is how it all began. This is a picture that was taken in like December. Notice the front. It's hideous! But my cute wreath makes it all better right?? Wrong. This morning, I decided come hell or high water, that I was going to tackle my flower bed that I have been saying I was going to tackle for like 2 years. Well, by god.. I did it, and I have the sun burn to prove it!! We started out this morning bright & early at about 10:00 and went and rented a tiller (I know you said not to Mom, but it was totally needed). We got back home with the beast (and I mean this TOTALLY sarcastically). And 4 passes later, we finally had workable dirt. I raked and raked and raked, and FINALLY got it nice and level.
So, this is what I began with. Basic icky dirt. Mom is right, it totally needs some compost & TLC. That'll come this fall. There is so much clay in the dirt, I'm suprised it isn't orange. That and about 100 bulbs, so that I don't ever have to plant flowers again. HA HA. I say that now because I am sore, and I hurt. Anyway...moving on. This is my little flat of flowers. I have all kinds of cute stuff in there. I had to get one little 4" container of Hens & Chicks. I just love em! They are so cute! I also got some Celosia, Salvia, Dianthus, Coleus, and a few other things. I told Tom it won't be long before I have some grow lights downstairs with baby plants.. ha ha! I don't think he's too excited about my new obsession. I blame my Mother! =)
So after many little holes, here I am giving it a good watering. It was really windy today, so I got just as watered as my little plants!
Look Mom! Dirt under my nails. How gross!

My little Hens & Chicks! Grow guys!! Take over!!

So, here is a close up of my Kimono Red Celosia. It's really pretty, but I didn't realize that it would really wouldn't grow much bigger than it is now. Opps. I need an expert.
Yet more of the same I guess. Plus, you can see the Confetti Rose Hypoestes, and the Wizard Jade Coleus. They are tiny.
Here it is. Pretty much done. I need some timbers or something for the front to seperate it from the yard, and some mulch or something to put over the dirt, but I'm not sure what I am doing yet. I have a large space to the right that is about 6 feet wide. I think a couple of burning bushes is slated for that space. I am going to paint the fence white, and that'll help the color pop more. All in all, I'm pretty happy with my first attempt. My back hurts like hell, and I'm exausted, so it must have been a good day!

Love to all... The Weidners!





1 Comments:

  • Yeah!!! Power to the gardner!! Now, doesn't that feel wonderful! Now you will have a beautiful subject for your photography by mid summer..Love MOM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home