Baby Stuff!
Wow, I guess it has been awhile since I updated this thing. I have just been so busy, by the time I sit down on the couch to do my blog, I have no energy. Anyway, I'll get on with it!
April 14th marked my last day as an insurance agent. That was a pretty good day! Fran (my friend from work) and her husband made me a Chocolate Torte Cake for the good news & it was delicious! The other people at work really didn't do anything, which was totally how I figured it. The wished me well, and away I went. I start my new job Monday, and I am really excited. I had an entire week off to get all the stuff at home done that I wanted to. I got about half of it done, and that is more than I figured I would. HA HA.
I called my new boss (Sonny) yesterday to ask him what time he wanted me in on Monday & he answered the phone by saying "OH No you don't!! Your not calling to back out now, I need you!!" Too funny. He is my age, and has 3 kids the oldest being 12. I really had to do the math there. I can't imagine being old enough to have a 12 year old, but it is possible! I really think my new job is going to be challenging, and interesting. Plus, I am working for a HUGE company with better money, and full benefits. Really, I can't beat that at all! Sonny told me that my brand new desk was delivered on Thursday. How wonderful to have brand new EVERYTHING. Computer, desk, office..etc. Our building is only 4 years old, and really nice. So, on to some other subject!
OH, I know!! BABY SHOWER!!! Today was Jessica's baby shower. We had it at Okoboji Bar & Grill in Johnston. They have a nice party room that is segregated off from the rest of the dining area. It was a nice showing, about 24 people I think. Just enough to make a good crowd. We had a delecious cake from Lovejoy's (the same people that did Jessica's wedding cake & are also doing mine). I'll post a pic of it. The cake was adorable with all kinds of little pictures on it. Jessica got lots of cute frilly dresses for Ellie. I can't wait to see her in them!!! I want her popped out SO bad so I can snuggle her & kiss her chubby little cheeks.
Well, I think I better post some pics & take a nice hot bath. Then it's off to bed to snuggle my big guy. Love to all..J&T

April 14th marked my last day as an insurance agent. That was a pretty good day! Fran (my friend from work) and her husband made me a Chocolate Torte Cake for the good news & it was delicious! The other people at work really didn't do anything, which was totally how I figured it. The wished me well, and away I went. I start my new job Monday, and I am really excited. I had an entire week off to get all the stuff at home done that I wanted to. I got about half of it done, and that is more than I figured I would. HA HA.
I called my new boss (Sonny) yesterday to ask him what time he wanted me in on Monday & he answered the phone by saying "OH No you don't!! Your not calling to back out now, I need you!!" Too funny. He is my age, and has 3 kids the oldest being 12. I really had to do the math there. I can't imagine being old enough to have a 12 year old, but it is possible! I really think my new job is going to be challenging, and interesting. Plus, I am working for a HUGE company with better money, and full benefits. Really, I can't beat that at all! Sonny told me that my brand new desk was delivered on Thursday. How wonderful to have brand new EVERYTHING. Computer, desk, office..etc. Our building is only 4 years old, and really nice. So, on to some other subject!
OH, I know!! BABY SHOWER!!! Today was Jessica's baby shower. We had it at Okoboji Bar & Grill in Johnston. They have a nice party room that is segregated off from the rest of the dining area. It was a nice showing, about 24 people I think. Just enough to make a good crowd. We had a delecious cake from Lovejoy's (the same people that did Jessica's wedding cake & are also doing mine). I'll post a pic of it. The cake was adorable with all kinds of little pictures on it. Jessica got lots of cute frilly dresses for Ellie. I can't wait to see her in them!!! I want her popped out SO bad so I can snuggle her & kiss her chubby little cheeks.
Well, I think I better post some pics & take a nice hot bath. Then it's off to bed to snuggle my big guy. Love to all..J&T

This is Jessica's Cake. It was half Cherry & half White & ALL good!!
This is my baby sister. Seems wierd that my baby sister is having a baby, but really I couldn't be more thrilled!! I love my sis SO much, and I can't wait to be Aunt Jen to Ellie!
These are some of the gals from Jessica's shower. All Robs side of the family.
This is my baby sister. Seems wierd that my baby sister is having a baby, but really I couldn't be more thrilled!! I love my sis SO much, and I can't wait to be Aunt Jen to Ellie!
These are some of the gals from Jessica's shower. All Robs side of the family.
3 Comments:
Thanks so much for the pictures, Jennifer. I thought about the shower all yesterday and you win the award for updating the soonest. Ellie is such a lucky little girl to have an aunt like you. marsha
P.S. Good luck on your first day at new job, they won't know how they ran a business without you.
By
Anonymous, At
10:41 AM
Applaud applaud great job with the shower!! Jessica was so thrilled! It wont be long now....and the waiting game at the hospital will start! Whew! MOM
By
Farmmom, At
10:32 PM
Darn blog wouldnt let me comment!
Thanks for everything you did for the shower. It went fabulously. Now, just have to wait for little Ellie to make her appearance. She says "Thanks Aunt Jen! *kick*"
By
Jessica, At
7:07 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home