The Weidner's

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Looks aren't everything...


And the picture of this chicken proves it. This was my first attempt at roasting an entire chicken. Whole. Now, it looks beautiful, and I doted over it for 3 hours. I lovingly rubbed it down with a little olive oil, and gave it a little salt & pepper treatment. Baked it for a good hour at 350 degrees. I simmered 1/2 cup of maple syrup, 8 tsps of lemon juice, and 4 tablespoons of butter for 5 minutes to make a nice glaze. Poured it all over the chicken, and put it back in the oven. Lovingly basted it several times.....
Well, after all of that.... it was juicy, and the most boring tasting bird I have ever had. Damn it.
So, back to the drawing board I'm afraid.
I did make some killer good pork chops Wednesday night though. I took butterflied pork chops, dipped them in some watered down egg, and then coated them in Stovetop Cornbread stuffing mix. Melted 3 tablespoons of butter in a 9x13 pan, and stuck them in there. Baked them for about 25 minutes, flipped them, and baked them for another 10 minutes. They were SO good. I kinda wish I had one now to be honest.
So, anyway today has been a beautiful day, and I've gotten one hell of a gardening bug to go tear the living hell out of my garden, and rake leaves. Tomorow I'm going to tackle those projects. I also have been looking at tillers online. Of course, I want a Mantis... which is all my mothers doing. I see Sears has them on sale for $309.00! Just one problem... that's $309.00 more than I currently have. SO, I'll have to save up my pennies, and get one bought.
Well, I think I'm going to go outside and do something.... just not sure what!
Love to all...The Weidners

3 Comments:

  • so glad you are back! Do the digging by hand, it is good exercise and good gardening! And,, with your cooking skills a good garden will fit right in, healthy and natural! marsha

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:39 PM  

  • The chicken looks great!! I bet it tasted just fine...you're just too used to rich food...Great weather for gardening...keep at it!!!! MOM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:24 PM  

  • Oh, and approve of the new blog look..much nice and brighter!! MOM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home