Sorry to leave you hanging!
Well, I'm assuming you all know that I'm alive & kicking. Jes said that I'm a drama queen. LOL. Well, in my defense I'm a HUGE, chicken and it is the first time I've been under general anesthesia. Well, let me tell you about it. I really wasn't nervous about it until I got back to the room, and saw the IV hanging there. It became kinda real at that point. I sat down in the chair, and immediatley they put the gas on me. I don't think that did anything because it was blowing in my left eyeball. Anyway, so the nurse says to me "I'm going to go ahead & put in your IV" Fine. Whatever. Do it. So, I feel a little poke & wha-la. It was in. I then remember Dr. Schwartzkopf come in and say "Is she ready"...then see him do something with the IV, remember looking at the ceiling thinking it looked funny, and then next thing I remember is walking out to my car with the assistance of my husband and my nurse. HA HA! I went in at 10:20, and was sitting in my car at 11:05. It went really fast, and I've had no swelling, no pain, no nothing. I only took a couple of my Tylenol with Codine (love that stuff).
So, of course after the big event we had to go to Walmart to get my pain stuff... and this is where I called Mom TWICE to tell her the exact same thing. Her words to me were "Well, the anesthesia must not have quite worn off because you just called me".... What? I did? Ha! I still don't remember making that first call.
Anyway, so I got to have chinese food tonight, which I had been CRAVING since after surgery Friday night (Tom had to talk me down so I wouldn't go eat it).My suetuers fell out today, and so that was cause to celebrate with tiny bits of garlic & rice to get into my sockets. HAHA!!
Well, I think I'll call it a night...Love to all..The Weidners
So, of course after the big event we had to go to Walmart to get my pain stuff... and this is where I called Mom TWICE to tell her the exact same thing. Her words to me were "Well, the anesthesia must not have quite worn off because you just called me".... What? I did? Ha! I still don't remember making that first call.
Anyway, so I got to have chinese food tonight, which I had been CRAVING since after surgery Friday night (Tom had to talk me down so I wouldn't go eat it).My suetuers fell out today, and so that was cause to celebrate with tiny bits of garlic & rice to get into my sockets. HAHA!!
Well, I think I'll call it a night...Love to all..The Weidners

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home