The Weidner's

Saturday, June 27, 2009

I DECLARE WAR ON RABBITS!!!!!

As you all may recall I have (with the help of my darling husband) built a beautiful raised flower bed in my back yard. Now, you also may recall that I lovingly planted a whole bunch of Moss Rose, Love Lies Bleeding, and a boat load of petunias, and Tomato plants. WELL. Yesterday I pull into my driveway, and pull up to look at my beds, and "wait....what the hell is that in my tomatoes"? IT's a FAT-ASSED RABBIT!!! I promptly picked up a big rock and winged it at her. Of course she took off running. UGH! So, I go out back and start looking at my flowers, and what do I see?? The rabbits have literally eaten almost all of my Moss Rose, and killed 4 or 5 of my Love Lies Bleeding. Oh, and did I mention that they ATE every single petunia on one of my beds? Ya, so Game On you little bastards!!!!
Oh, and rabbit repellent is a joke. I bought a container of it last night, sprinkled it around my beds as directed, and this morning went out and that rotten rabbit was AGAIN in my tomatoes. So much for the damn "repellent". She probably took a snort of it, and hopped in. UGH!


Here is my beds, they are growing quite rapidly, and looking wonderful... well kinda.
I certainly don't want to put a fence up around it. I wanted a beautiful, natural looking flower bed...

Here is a sad victim of the large eared RATS that are out in my yard. I know this was the work of the stinking rabbits, because if you look REAL close....there is rabbit fur all over them.

Here is one of my very sad Love Lies Bleeding... literally flat on the ground. I have given them some extra water, and straightened them up a bit. Hopefully they will come around. I did get all my tomatoes, and love lies bleeding all staked up, and happy. I used 4 foot tall green bamboo stakes, so hopefully they will blend in nicely. After I got it all done, and tons of weeding done, I was too lazy to take a picture!

Well, I guess that's all I know for now, I'm going to hang out on the couch with Tom & Tiger, and watch "Grand Torino" Love to All..The Weidners



1 Comments:

  • While Hoe-ing my turnips today,I un-earthed a rabbit nest full of baby rabbits (6)...Needless to say they arent there anymore....Welcome to the heartache of gardening...but no fear, just around the corner will be a celebration...so hang in there. MOM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home