The Weidner's

Sunday, May 24, 2009

That's a bunch of Marigolds!

So, yesterday morning I woke up, and my only goal was to FINALLY get my poor Marigolds in the ground. After the compost, and peat I figured they would be happy little flowers, and they seem to be! Now, I can't wait to watch them grow & get big!
I think I bought a few marigolds huh? There is some Salvia back there too though!

I painted the foundation of my house behind my bed bright white, so the colors should really pop against it. My trumpet vine is leafing out again too. I think Mom is right, you can't kill that thing if you tried! Right now it's looking good. I trimmed the heck out of it this spring, and it's doing good!

Here is one of my 2 planters that Mom gave me. I planted Zinnias, and of course a freaking Marigold in one of them. I'm not sure what that thing in front is. A weed? It looked different from all the other weeds that were growing in there, so I felt bad pulling it.


Here is the other planter full of Zinnias, and Marigold, and Hens & Chicks. Now, everyone tells me that those are impossible to kill, well...let me tell you... they are easy to kill. I had some last year, dead. SO, hopefully these little guys will fare better.

Anyway, my next big project is tomorrow or maybe today going to Lowes and getting some lumber and making a 16' long raised bed in the back of my house, and sticking a bunch of Hosta's in there. My friend Kelle has some to donate, and there are always tons on Craigslist, so I hope I don't have to buy a ton of them. So, Happy Memorial day everyone. Remember our loved ones that have passed. They are our angels, and I truly miss them everyday.
Love to All.. The Weidners

1 Comments:

  • Very nice garden! Good job. See, spring is such fun!! MOM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home