The Weidner's

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Happy, Happy, Bawl, Bawl

Today was a roller coaster of emotion for me. I have had dreams about all the stuff going on down south, because I just can't get through my mind the absolute devistation that has happened. Tales of floating bodies, and looting, and death & destruction. I just can't take it. I sat in my office today & thought how greatful I was to be at work...now that IS a first. I was thirsty, so I headed back to the old fridge & snagged a mountain dew. Again, I thought about how lucky I am. Ugh, anyway I can't talk about it anymore, so ON TO HAPPY THOUGHTS!
Last night, I went to crawl in bed, and do my normal fluffing of the pillow routine when...I hit some hard little box. My first thought was "what the hell did the kittens bring into bed now?" I felt it for about 2 seconds more, and decided to go investigate it in the light. MUCH to my suprise it was this beautiful necklace that I have had my eye on. My wonderful hubby to be went out yesterday on his day off & bought it for me!!! It is a multi colored stone pendant on a gold chain. I truly love it. I am pretty darn lucky to have such a sweetheart, that thinks of me first always, and treats me like a queen.
This weekend I get to do something that excites me beyond belief & makes me bawl hysterically. I get to go get the china hutch from Grandma Lynch's house. I had always heard it was mine, and I would get it someday.. but I didn't have a clue as to when that would be. WELL, Saturday is the day!! You see, the hutch that has lived at Grandma Lynch's for several years means a great deal to me, as it was my beautiful, caring & giving Grandma Ambrose's. I miss her SO much, every day, and to be able to bring a piece of her home to my house is something I am truly, truly greatful for. When I got the email asking if I wanted to come get it, I was overwhelmed. I still am. As Mom told me tonight, she is looking down from Heaven, and is happy it will be with me now. Thank You Grandma Lynch for keeping it safe for me. I am pretty sure I won't sleep tomorrow night, knowing what lies ahead. I will bawl, so just so that you all know that & am prepared for it Saturday! With gas prices so high, it'll probably cost a hundred bucks in gas to go get it,but it will be well worth it! Now I have a wonderful place to put Phyliss' beautiful china!!
Well, I suppose I should sign off here & head to bed. I am whipped. Love to all..J&T

1 Comments:

  • This is when you take time out and count your lucky stars.......

    Love MOM

    By Blogger Farmmom, At 8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home