The Weidner's

Sunday, August 07, 2005

FORE!!

Well, here it is Sunday & I already have to go back to work tomorrow! BLECH!
I took the day off from work on Friday & went down to Brooklyn to help Christy with the last of the house stuff. Quite depressing, and a lot of work. I ended up being given Phyliss' beautiful Noritake Rosay China, and it is just stunning.
I am looking to get those storage bags for it, becuase it truly is beautiful, and I want to take good care of it. I will post a picture of it after this update. I will never forget Phyliss, and I will never forget where that beautiful china came from.
Today was fun. We started out by hitting the golf course at 7:30am (don't these people understand I like to sleep in on Sunday??), and playing 9 holes with our friend Duffy, who I am pretty sure could play professional golf, and get away with it.. nevermind that it was Tom's first time golfing EVER, and my first time in about 5 years, with the exception of one golf tournament last year. So anyway I thought I was going to wet myself on a number of occasions watching Tom. The first hole he hit his ball, and it hit the morton building way to the right of us.. then his second shot ricochet'd off the fence next to that. It is a wonder someone didn't lose an eye!! I beat him of course, and have no intentions of letting him live it down anytime soon!
The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. We did end up going to PetCo and getting some more fish to kill, ugh.. I mean to live happily ever after in our tank. We are hoping everything is good to go now since the last episode. Not a single damn fish lived from the first go around, so we have had a few guine pig fish in there, and they have done well (they have even had a batch of babies!), so we decided to get them a few friends. When we got home we floated the bags o'fish in the top of the aquarium, and Tom went to clean out the run through filter bags & HOLY HELL! There were a bunch of the Dalmation Mollie babies in the filter!! I guess it is survival of the fitest and they all came ploping out! We had noticed one tiny baby yesterday & just figured that we sucked them up in the water change tube thingy (YES that is the technical term), but NOPE! They were all in the filter. LOL, so now there are like 4 little tiny fish in there, but I imagine the bigger fish that we got tonight will eat them, unless they are smart enough to go into hiding in all the hidey hole rocks that we have. I noticed tonight that the Mollies were lovin on eachother again. I swear to god that is all they do. I remember Grandma Lynch's tank of alge & guppies. There must have been 500 fish in that tank, and they were always poppin out babies.
Well, it is just me & the kittens awake. Tom & Clarance are in the bedroom sleeping, so I guess I will sign off here & relax on the couch for a bit before heading to bed! Hope everyone had a good weekend! Love to all..J&T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home