The Voparil Botanical Gardens
Yesterday was a fun day in Eastern Iowa! As you all know, Wayne had his 50th birthday party, and I must say it was pretty darn nice. Of course, it being a true Lynch function, we could have fed 3 counties..and I think they did! I'm sure Jes, Rob, Tom, Ellie & myself represented Polk County, a lot of Cedar county was represented, and I'm sure there was at least one or two Johnson county people there as well!
Anyway, prior to going over to Wayne's, we got to hang out at Mom's house, which rivals a lot of botanical centers I have seen. I was truly impressed, as I am every year. Anyway, here are some photos of Mom's beautiful flowers!
I can't remember what this one is called, I'm sure Mom can tell you, she's a Encyclopedia of Flowers!!
If you look in the center of this picture, you will notice mr tiger Butterfly. He was quite busy, and very happy...although it looked like he had gone through a blender at some point, as his wings were quite damaged. It didn't seem to affect him though!
Beautiful Monte Negro Lilies.The color is stunning, and they are huge.
And here are some of Mom's White (something) Lilies. They are like a page out of a catalog.
________________________________________________________
So, flowers were all fine and dandy... but the real fun was Ellie!!! She is such a riot, and I just love every second I'm around her. Mom & Kurtis have started giving her "Mule" rides, and I don't think they quite understood what they were starting. She has become quite the fan! So, here are a few pics of our favorite cutie pie!
First, it was Mom's turn... Ellie, Jessica Mom & Millie took the 'ol Mule for a spin.....
Then, it was time for Grandpa Kurtis, Millie & Ellie to take a ride on the Mule...
Then, Ellie figured out she didn't need ANYONE to take her and you can see her waiving her little hand like she is ready to go!
Now, I ask you.. have you ever seen a more perfect little face? What a little princess! I don't know what Jessica talks about when she says she mis-behaves. I simply don't see it! So, that is all I know for now. I have a ton more pictures that I took of the flowers, and few more funny ones of Miss Ellie, so maybe I'll be a bit better about the blog updating... however it is summer you know, and it's just too darn nice to be inside!! Love to all.. The Weidners
________________________________________________________
So, flowers were all fine and dandy... but the real fun was Ellie!!! She is such a riot, and I just love every second I'm around her. Mom & Kurtis have started giving her "Mule" rides, and I don't think they quite understood what they were starting. She has become quite the fan! So, here are a few pics of our favorite cutie pie!

2 Comments:
Wow, it was a long time coming....but whoa,, well worth it!! Bravo on the blog update....you did my flowers proud!!!! I migh stick with the hobby for a few more years!! and Ellie, what can I say!!! Thanks very much!! Grandma (Mom)
By
Anonymous, At
8:47 PM
I have to admit, that is one good looking kid. ;)
By
Jessica, At
11:09 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home