The Weidner's

Monday, December 12, 2005

Different Year, Same Story

Well, Ho, Ho, Ho. It is almost Christmas, and I am once again freaking out because I am not all the way done with my Christmas shopping. Each year I say "I'm starting early next year"....but I have to confess it just NEVER happens! The year passes too quickly, and all of a sudden it is Thanksgiving!! I did manage to get my Christmas cards sent out Saturday in the blizzard that we had up here for about a half an hour! So, you should be recieving those any day. Actually with as busy as the post office is this time of year, you'll be lucky to see them before New Years!
I have been a busy little beaver making sugar cookies to take to work & fatten everyone up! Today I took a whole platter full, and when I left tonight I think there were 3 left! Tomorrow they are getting no bake chocolate drop cookies, and Oatmeal Rasin. I am so good to those people, they better know how good they got it! I have become quite the Suzy Home-maker latley.. what is UP with that?? Must be that I am just happy as a clam, and being domestic is what I do. Mom will be so impressed!
On December 2nd, I went to an Advent by Candelight here at the All-Saints Catholic church. We got to see a gal named Lynn Cooper sing, and it was WONDERFUL. Very enlightening, and moving. If you ever get the chance to go see her, you really should. Hopefully St. Mary's will have her back next year so that Mom can go see her. She truly is a magnificent singer, as well as minister. She had jaw surgery last week, and will be off for 9 months because she has to have her jaw wired shut as she has TMJ, a very painful jaw disease. You can hear some of her music at www.lynncoopermusic.com
Anyway, I suppose I better go make Tom's lunch, and clean the kitchen up a bit. I may be Suzy Home-maker, and bake & all that.. but I make a SERIOUS mess. Thank goodness for my dishwasher!!
Love to all..J&T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home