The Weidner's

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

I'm a happy camper!

Well, even though I had to go back to work today (something I REALLY didn't want to do) I must say that I had a pretty good day! The morning seemed to fly by at work, because I had so much to catch up on from the 3 day weekend.
I was sitting at the lunch table in our breakroom & my cell phone rang! Much to my suprise it was my Mommie! Seems she got a wild hair & was heading to Des Moines! So, after I knew she was planted here in Des Moines I called my boss to ask if I could take an hour of personal time and go see her & he said I would be crazy not to! It is nice to work for a company that understands family comes first. I got to hang out with Mom at Autorama & Gary's trailer sales for about an hour before I headed back across town, and finished my day! It was quite nice to see her because I don't get to see her nearly often enough. Life is so busy it seems!
Tonight was pretty uneventful. Got home, and sorted through all the junk mail, and started to mow the yard until Tom got home & took over. I think he likes to mow, he just won't admit it. His allergies kill him, but still I think it makes him feel manly or something. HA HA! Now, as I sit here updating my blog, he has gone to bed to get up at 4:15am to start yet another exciting day of truck driving.
Last night we ended up going and watching the Windsor Heights Fireworks for about 40 minutes, they were pretty good, but in the distance you could see Waukee's & they were way better. We left about 10:15 so that Tom could get home and go to bed at a decent hour.
I suppose I should go make sure the 3 furry babies are fed! Hope everyone had a great 4th of July!! Love to all! J&T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home